As an ideal candidate, you should have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
Objectives of this Role:
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organisational standards.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field.
- 1-3 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Experience: 1-2
- Nature of Work: On Site
- Salary scale: Industry Standards
- Location: Calicut